Salt Lake City and Ogden Utah’s Leader in Quality Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning is Also Certified for Green Cleaning
A Brief Introduction to Green Carpet Cleaning in Salt Lake City Utah
To say a cleaning solution is green certified or certified for green carpet cleaning is to imply that the cleaning solution is eco-friendly and that it is not harmful to the environment. The popularity of these solutions has been increasing over the last few years, and especially as of late with the recent crisis in the Gulf of Mexico, and will likely continue to rise as more people become aware of the harmful effects of non-green certified, toxic chemicals.
It is a proven fact that many green detergents are harmful. Just take a look at a conventional detergents MSDS sheet and you may find a host of known hazardous ingredients. Continuous use of these artificial cleaning detergents can damage surfaces and can affect the health of the person using the detergents as well as those who are exposed to the area. After all, the chemicals in such detergents do not break down readily and remain as toxic residue in the environment.
How to Solve the Problem of Chemical Detergents
Using green chemical products as a substitute for harmful chemical detergents is the solution. Green chemicals are easily biodegradable and do not convert into toxic residues when introduced into the environment. In addition, they do not cause any harm either to the people in the area or to the surface.
Differences Between Green Cleaners and Artificial Detergents
Many people seem to be confused in distinguishing between green cleaners and artificial products. Many artificial products add the tag “green” on the product name, mostly intentionally. These products are not always eco-friendly and are misleading to the customer.
Three things set a green carpet cleaner or other green formula apart from an artificial product:
- Biodegradability: Reputable suppliers provide details about their products’ biodegradability either on their website or on the container itself. One may check their website or package for details regarding biodegradability. An authentic green carpet cleaner or other green formula should biodegrade almost completely within a month. This means these products don’t leave any harmful deposits on the surface or in the environment.
- Composition: Most green carpet cleaning formulas will have a list of ingredients found in the MSDS sheet. One can search for an MSDS sheet either on the company’s website or through a search engine such as Google or Yahoo. Normally, there is a long list of unfamiliar chemical names on this MSDS sheet. However, another search on the internet will tell you if these chemicals are toxic or not. The website of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is a good source for which chemical ingredients pose health and environmental risks. The website does go on to list chlorine, benzene, glycol ethers, and petroleum distillates as some of the main culprits. Real green cleaning products do not contain any of these or other harmful substances. If a product contains any hazardous ingredients, then it is not a truly certified green product.
- Toxicity: Green carpet cleaning chemicals are produced from plants and vegetables, whereas artificial products are chemically synthesized. The natural composition ensures that green cleaners are non-toxic and safe for all users and the environment in which they ultimately end up.
Advantage Chem-Dry’s Products That Meet the Strict Standards of the Green Certified Program:
- The Natural
- Traffic Lane Pre-Spray
- PowerGuard Protectant
- Stain Extinguisher
- World Famous Spot Remover
- Final Rinse
- Upholstery Wet/Foam Cleaner
- Carpet Deodorizer
- Pet Odor Remover
Questions About Efficiency
Most people agree green carpet cleaning chemicals are non-toxic and friendly to the planet. However, many are skeptical about the cleaning efficiency of these green carpet cleaning products. Earlier formulas, in fact, justified this suspicion. However, some of the latest green products perform better than the chemical detergents.
For improved cleaning efficiency, look for advanced green chemistry and colloidal technology. These two technologically advanced features ensure optimum cleaning power for removal of the most stubborn stains and a host of other applications.
Considering Green Carpet Cleaning for Your Northern Utah Home?
Green carpet cleaning services are available to you through Advantage Chem-Dry. We take pride in using green, eco-friendly products to clean your Northern Utah home. Why put your family and pets in danger with the harsh cleaning chemicals used by other carpet cleaning companies? Advantage Chem-Dry uses carbonated mineral water to clean your carpets. The ingredients in our solution we use is so safe, the FDA has approved it for human consumption. How is that for safe?
Why Going with Other Utah Carpet Cleaning Companies is a Bad Idea
Most traditional commercial carpet-cleaning solutions contain a cocktail of noxious synthetic chemicals. One such chemical, perchloroethylene, or commonly referred to as “perc” in the industry, is a notorious dry cleaning additive known to cause dizziness, fatigue and nausea if ingested or inhaled. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) also links perc to kidney and liver damage. Another chemical, naphthalene, a solvent manufactured from coal tar, is considered toxic to the human central nervous system and a possible carcinogen by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Carpet cleaning chemicals get into the air of a room when applied during cleaning, and can also be ingested by kids who play on the floor soon afterwards. Besides such on-site health threats, carpet cleaning chemicals can pollute local groundwater if disposed of improperly (such as directly down your drain). Wastewater from carpet cleaning requires treatment and/or filtration in order to neutralize contaminants.
Request a green carpet cleaning from Advantage Chem-Dry today.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]