Salt Lake City and Ogden Utah’s Leader in Pet Urine Removal Treatment (P.U.R.T.®)
Do You Need A Pet Urine Removal Treatment?
Having pets is a wonderful experience as they bond with you and actually become great friends over time. One big disadvantage of pets however, is that from time to time they have accidents in your home in some of the worst places. Once pet urine is down, it is very difficult to get cleaned, and the stench seems to last forever.
Sometimes various cleaning procedures take just a little more power than just soap and water, or the latest cleaner that you see advertised on television at 3 am in the morning.
This is where a very effective process is needed, as an effective pet urine removal treatment must be very strong and leave no trace of the smell or stain.
How P.U.R.T. Works
- Our technicians will find the urine odor source using a black light or penetrating moisture meter and determine the best plan of attack.
- In worst cases we may need to pull up carpet for further inspection. This will tell us if the padding needs to be replaced.
- If necessary, technicians will apply an odor blocking resin to the sub-floor.
- After all of the prep work is complete, the area is rinsed with our deep cleaning carbonating cleaning solution. Any liquid or loose urine crystals are extracted using hot carbonated water.
- Next, we apply our proprietary cleaning product, Pet Urine Removal Treatment (P.U.R.T.), generously to tack strip, sub-floor, baseboards and the carpet backing.
- Over the next 24 – 36 hours, P.U.R.T. will go to work breaking down all the odor causing elements, leaving no odor remnants behind for a fresh smelling, healthy clean. The odors will be gone for good.
Why Use a Carbonated Mineral Water Cleaning Method?
There are three basic types of carpet cleaning methods. They are steam cleaning, using additives that are sprayed onto an area, and hot carbonated extraction. Hot carbonated extraction is the healthiest method and the most effective of the three.
The process of steam cleaning will work, but only up to a certain point. Gallons of extra hot water is dumped onto the carpet, and then it gets sucked back up with a very high pressure vacuum system. The extra water usually will soak into the backing of the carpet, leaving an area that is very fertile for the growth of mildew and mold. And the heavy suction can actually damage the carpet.
In the final analysis, steam cleaning is not really very effective. If you have ever attempted to run your washing machine without a detergent, you are aware that hot water by itself won’t take out the dirt. Consequently, most steam cleaning operations use soaps, detergents, chemicals and additives that help to loosen some of the stains, but they leave behind a lot of sticky residue that in the long run traps more of the dirt. Thus the reason that many steam cleaned carpets will quickly form fresh stains in the same places as the old stains.
Then there are other methods that use dry, sprayed on additives that gives the carpet a coat of the chemical cleaner. Then when they vacuum the carpet for several rounds, all it does is loosen the dirt, and while some of it gets sucked up. the majority of it simply gets moved around. The surface dirt gets picked up but the rest of the carpet stays dirty.
An hot mineral water carbonated treatment causes millions of bubbles of a microscopic nature to literally blast the dirt from adhering to the carpet fibers and the surface. This process only needs about one fifth of the water that steam cleaning needs. Working at the molecular level, the carbonation lifts the dirt and stain molecules away. The mixture is a simple carbon dioxide and water mixture that is safe enough to drink.
This is why the hot carbonated mineral water method is the best pet urine removal treatment because it not only removes the stain, but it removes the molecules of the essence of the urine right down to the molecules. Not only does the carpet look and smell better, but any disease causing ingredients are removed as well.